13th International Workshop
Descriptional Complexity of Formal
July 25 - 27, 2011, Vicinity of Giessen, Germany
About DCFSDCFS 2011, Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems, will take place in Limburg near Giessen, Germany. The city of Limburg lies in the west of the province Hessen between the Taunus and the Westerwald in the beautiful Lahn valley and it looks back on a history of more than 1100 years. The workshop will be organized by the Institut für Informatik of the Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen, from July 25 - 27, 2011.
DCFS 2011 takes place after both
- CIAA - Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata in Blois, France
- NCMA - Non-Classical Models of Automata and Applications in Milano, Italy,
- DLT - Developments in Language Theory in Milano, Italy.
- automata, grammars, languages and related systems, various measures and modes of operations (e.g., determinism and nondeterminism),
- trade-offs between computational models and/or operations,
- succinctness of description of (finite) objects,
- state explosion-like phenomena,
- circuit complexity of Boolean functions and related measures,
- resource-bounded or structure-bounded environments,
- frontiers between decidability and undecidability,
- universality and reversibility,
- structural complexity,
- formal systems for applications (e.g., software reliability, software and hardware testing, modelling of natural languages),
- nature-motivated (bio-inspired) architectures and unconventional models of computing,
- Kolmogorov complexity.